Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Prisoners (2013)

Prisoners in a nutshell in my most humble opinion is definitely one of the best films to come out of Hollywood this year. So good that I can literally hear the Oscar buzz. Hugh Jackman , Jake Gyllenhaal and the rest of the cast did such an incredible performance in this movie.

Set in a typical contemporary american suburb in what appears to be a small town. The movie tells the story of two families who have to deal with the disappearance of two girls one from each family, during a thanksgiving dinner. That is all I'm going to tell you because I really don't really want to spoil anything. When I watched this movie I really had no idea was the story about or even the basic premise , but I'm so happy I did not. Because it just made the movie so much better for me. I really had no inkling or even the remotest idea what direction the film was going to go. I even had no idea what genre it was , it could have been a ghost story or vampire flick for all I know. But regardless even if you have an idea of what the plot was , this movie is gonna surprise you and keep you on the edge of your seat. I was literally shocked at every turn . The story is amazing, the camerawork was great it really added to the foreboding evil sense in the film . And aside from the two leads who as I mentioned did a stellar performance , the other noteworthy performance in this movie is young actor Paul Dano . He did a great performance worthy of all his award winning and veteran co-stars. Somebody give that man an award somewhere in the future , I really see big things coming his way if he keeps this up. And then there is the ending , that was a really nice twist . I left the cinema , going , oh shit that was awesome! And I was still thinking about it on the way home. I've always said that one of the marks of a truly great film , is it's ability to make you think and I don't mean in a oh-that-was-a-great-film-kind -of-way ,but to think and really analyze the film and the plot . This one really did that for me and more. So I really don't have to spit it out do I " Watch this movie, it'll blow your mind" ...do it, do it now...

Watch Trailer Here

Hugh Jackman as Keller Dover
Jake Gyllenhaal as Detective Loki
Viola Davis as Nancy Birch
Maria Bello as Grace Dover
Terrence Howard as Franklin Birch
Melissa Leo as Holly Jones
Paul Dano as Alex Jones
Dylan Minnette as Ralph Dover
Zoe Borde as Eliza Birch

No comments:

Post a Comment